From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 08:01:33 -0400
I wrote:

>>I tried computations with meat based nutritions too.
>>The result was, that you can get close to RDA with most vitamins if you
>>ate *very* high amounts of meat. About 1kg per day. This is close or
>>beyond the limit of protein toxicity.

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:22:59 -0700, David Lewandowski
wrote:

>        Does this mean I'm going to die of "protein toxicity"? I eat
>anywhere from
>200-400 grams of protein per day and have done so for many years.

So if I assume you eat beef which has 20%-22% protein, then you eat
between 1kg and 2kg of meat per day.
This is the amount i computed to be necessary for a good supply with
most
vitamins (some exceptions I've noted).
If your protein intake averages at 300g , this are about 1300kcal.
If protein toxicity begins at 35% calories from protein, then you
simply
need to eat at least additional 2600 kcal from fat.

For example at days with  3lbs of meat.
No problem, just eat the fat meat variety (17%), then you get
Energie:         3776.1 kcal
protein:          292.1  g
Fat:              256.5  g

Perfect inuit style or late paleolithicum style nutrition.
The question still open is where the fat would come from in a
savannah.

> I also
>get many times the RDA for vitamin A.

Vitamin A toxicity should not be expected below the tenfold or
fivefold
of RDA. At tenfold RDA i read about toxicity cases in childrens.
Since vitamin A accumulates in the body (over the years) it will also
be a funtion of time.

>I was also supposed to have died of
>food poisoning from all the raw meat I eat.

I think there are some indications that eating the meat raw
lessens the acidic burden the protein digestion has.
David Karas, once reported to have had a quite neutral pH when eating
meat raw (but together with fruit).
Ever cared to measure your pH?

>I eat this way to support my
>above average muscle mass and strength.

At least you'll have to work out much because you have quite many
kalories
to burn off (3700 or so).

>Germanic warriors used to eat this
>way
What references do you have for this claim?
I venture to doubt the 1-2kg meat per day over a longer period.
For 2 reasons
1.) iron age agriculture (or game) animals were probably *much* leaner
than
     17% fat - where should all the fat come from?
2.) iron age agriculture could not produce huge amounts of meat
    and germanic settlements could not aquire very much game
    as a *very* big area would be hunted empty for a few warriors.

To my information, germanic warriors as well as viking warriors and
roman legioners where overwhelmingly powered by cereals.
Germanic by much oats, which has a energizing effect on the psyche.
Vikings with barley (and herring). Romans with spelt and emmer.

>and leave those to weak to fight to tend the vegetable gardens with the
>women(not really so bad) and very little meat.

not really so bad....

>        When is the vegetarian protein toxicity horse shit going to stop?

Do you prefer to ignore the informations from your (our) paleo-diet
hero?
(e.g.
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0008&L=paleodiet&P=416 )

Amadeus S.