From:
Lillian Alicia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:40:40 -0500
 > BTW was it difficult to find a butcher to process the beef and
 > venison for
 > you. What do they charge for this?

Alex,
The man I bought the cow from arranges to have it taken to the
butcher, and I speak to the butcher and tell him what cuts i want.  i
paid the butcher 115.oo fo that service.  Between the purchase of the
half cow and the butcher I am paying about 2.60 per pound.  I cannot
find any meat that cheap at my local supermarket.  It is a great
deal.  Especially since the cow was grown without hormones,
antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, etc......as close to organic as
you can get.