From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 09:29:45 -0400
On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 23:27:43 EDT, Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I did a search on Anchells name. This came up.
>
>http://www.zonehome.com/zt33/_disc/00000214.htm

The above text reports from the expedition and is very enthusiastic,
how the 31 men (and 1 girl) lived on a meat only diet.

I wondered, why they didn't end up in "rabbit starvation".

I came to the conclusion then the "game meat only" expedition must have
plundered the carcasses for fat, leaving lean parts behind.
As the text suggests in some parts:
>..Lewis and Clark hunters killed more than they could transport and the
>carcasses would be retrieved by sending out horse-drawn vehicles. ..

Some parts are interesting how the fat was searched, eating even dogs:
>..Indians living near the fort supplied the explorers with dog meat, which
>Lewis was especially fond of because it contained more fat. Lewis wrote,' I
>think it (dog) an agreeable food and would prefer it vastly to lean Venison
>and Elk.'

Still it may be a practicable idea to use body fat instead of eaten fat ;-)
And thus leave fat.

Meatatarians may understand, that i will use high protein plants or cheese
if i once attempt to loose fat.
As came to my concionsness recently, it's *not* the nuts, which are high
protein plants. They are only dense and high protein per weight.
But otherwise perfectely equaled out between protein and caloric supply.
Vegetables are the high protein plants (per kcal).

Amadeus S.