From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:18:54 +1000
Hi Jane,

Welcome back.

At the moment, I can only empathise with you. I used to be veggie until
about 4 or 5 years ago when I started going paleo.

As a veggie, I was eating lots of rice, beans, bread etc. ie lots of carbs
and not enough protein. I never ate sweets though.

Since not eating breads, I am craving sweets now. I can go for a few days -
usually 4 days of low carb and I feel wonderful then I crave sweet things
and eat "one piece of chocolate". Yeah, right. That "one piece" inevitably
turns into several and I lose the plot for a couple of days. If I eat some
fruit instead of sugar I feel better and it doesn't trigger the sugar
frenzy. I'm still learning how to stay in control.

I'm looking for a stable way of eating that I don't get cravings on and that
still is paleo and reasonably low carb.

I've been doing paleo for a few years now but those craving still haven't
totally left me. The pressures of life make it hugely worse, at a time when
eating paleo is exactly what my body needs.

Al