Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:56:47 -0400
For those of you who are interested in the preservation of native cultures,
earthy music and such things, check out the CD called OCEANIA.  It is very
primal.  It is a contemporary dance record based on the traditional Maori
culture.  Dr. Weston Price has great things to say about the Maori who ate
their traditional diets; they had amazing visual acuity (ate lots of seafood
and organ meats).  They could see the moons of Jupiter with the naked eye,
which was cross checked with high powered telescopes.   I digress....

 I read about this tape in New Age Journal (July/Aug. 2000), saw the picture
of the lead singer in Maori tribal attire, and read about the ancient wood
and stone instruments of New Zealands Maori people.  There are 31
traditional instruments on this album.   One of the drums is made from a
hollow tree trunk, one instrument is a conch shell played like a trumpet,
one is a double barreled flute (whatever that means.... ;-o)

With each listening I liked it more and more. I've had it for a couple of
months now and liked it so much I bought copies for half a dozen people for
the holidays.  So far, everyone who's gotten it has liked it.  (I hate
waiting so I sometimes give gifts early.... as Winter Solstice presents.)

You can listen to it on Amazon.com.  If you belong to a music club, such as
BMG Music, you can get a great discount on it.

Happy listening,

Rachel