Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:21:16 -0400
<<My dad died last Sunday.  He was 79.  He ate a pretty good diet and
was
very
healthy and robust and active..... until he was diagnosed with lung
cancer
last
November (he smoked).  By June the cancer had spread to his bones.  By
August
the cancer was all over his brain.  Besides the pain of the cancer, he
was
so
cognitively impaired that he could not fill out a deposit slip or find
his
way
to places he had gone for years.

We learned that 80 % of all lung cancer is caused by smoking, and lung
cancer
loves brain cells  .... so, please please stop before you end up like
my
father
did!

Paula H.>>

Dear Paula,

  Thank you for sharing your painful experience and loss.  When one
person
stops smoking as a result of you telling about your father, your
father did
not die in vain.  I'm sure he would want it this way.

Warm blessings,
  Siobhan