From:
Joan Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 2009 19:09:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 9:22 pm
Subject: Caloric Intake

>> Another issue
is that I have had a lot of problems with my teeth so I can't eat nuts
(which I do love as a snack etc.) until those issues are resolved which
will be awhile yet so I tend to need to eat softer fully cooked foods
right now. <<

I suggest that you add to your cooking equipment a blender, food processor or juicer for making raw vegetation edible without the use of either teeth or heat.? My mother, after losing her teeth to years of processed foods, found she hates to wear her dentures, so now she makes pestos and green smoothies every day and attributes her ability to still be living on her own at age 89 mostly to those concoctions.? A very good raw green "soup" can be made with the leafies of your choice, avocado, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, a pinch of Celtic sea salt (the chunky grey stuff) and a sprinkle of spirulina, plus a cup of water, blended until smooth.? If you like ocean flavors, you can soak some dulse in the water for a few minutes before you blend instead of adding the salt.? Tons of minerals.?