From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:23:42 -0400
Elizabeth Miller wrote:

> She had a IgG ELISA test -- it tests for antibodies. The company was
> Immuno Labs. www.immunolabs.com

Maybe this is, in fact, the key to the Steak Lover's Diet.  You know, in
Neanderthin, Ray Audette makes much of the "foreign protein" theory,
which goes beyond just allergies.  At first, this theory seemed
plausible, but the more I thought about it, the less believable I found
it.  The body's definition of "foreign" is "not self," and in that
sense--the *only* sense in which the term has any clean meaning at
all--beef protein is as foreign as wheat protein.  Allergies are
something else, but they only correspond very roughly to what we regard
as paleo and non-paleo.  That is, while some of the most allergenic
foods, such as soy and wheat, are what we would consider non-paleo,
others, such as beef and strawberries and shellfish and eggs, are
considered paleo.

I know that the Steak Lover's Diet works very well for me, and it seems
to work well for others too.  I haven't tried substituting other foods,
one at a time, for a week or so each, to see the results.  If
IgG-mediated allergic reactions are the key, then I'm sure the list of
approved foods could be expanded.  I just haven't had the patience to do
the careful experimenting.

Note that the diet allows whiskey, which contains residual barley proteins.

I just don't get it.

Todd Moody