Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:55:03 -0700
>Fruit does not do it for me, and some on this list have said the reason is
>that fructose does not replenish glycogen stores.
>
>I really try to take in some significant paleo carbs at dinner, because if I
>don't, I will get cravings the next day and end up eating the junk that my
>family has around the house!
>
>I think this is a moderate carb approach, probably around 100 grams per day
>or so, and without it I can't stay on a paleo diet.

I have to agree with you.  When I first went on a low-carb diet, I lost
plenty of weight (20lbs), but I had never felt so exhausted in my
life.  So, towards the end of the diet, I shoved the carbs into my mouth,
and within a day or two I felt much better.  Problem was, all the weight I
lost came back.  This all happened about 3 years ago.

Then I found out about the paleo diet, and I switched over to that about 9
months ago.  Since starting that, I have been eating way too many fruits
(in the beginning, it was just about all I ate).  They curb my carbohydrate
craving somewhat, but I gain weight very easily on them, and they don't
seem to give me the energy that I need to hit the gym.  I tried roots
(turnips, jicama, parsnips, you name it), but they don't give me the energy
that I need.   Recently, I've cut down fruit to once per day and I've
started eating potatoes.  I feel much better, I have the energy to go to
the gym, and it certainly fits in with what you were saying above.  Now, if
only I could eat less and still have the same energy, I might lose the
30lbs that I need to shed.

Thanks Richard.

Katrina.