From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:02:23 -0500
Fawn wrote:
>>As a green-eyed human (also rare), I have to state that (hu)man IS an
>>animal, but a very, very complicated one in some ways.

>What interesting thoughts do you have on green eyes, or their rarity?
(Mine
>are best described as antifreeze green when I'm at my healthiest and
most
>energetic.) I'm also an O negative, very dark hair and very light skin.

I'm the only one in my family with green eyes (hmmm?) - and they are
hazel to green to blue to grey depending on weather, sleep, mood, etc.
My oldest son has the same color with the same variations according to
those factors.  My youngest son's eyes are bright blue.  My siblings all
have brown eyes, except for one brother whose are bright blue.  My
parents are both brownies, but my mother's family (besides her) are all
blue eyed.

I'm not sure that they serve any particular purpose - although lighter
eyes are very light sensitive and may have developed in areas where
nights are a matter of months rather than hours.  :)  Might have been a
survival trait that didn't completely catch on.  I have frighteningly
excellent night vision.  And yes - I have literally frightened people
with it. :)  Unfortunately, I live in Florida, so days can be a bit
painful for me.  My son with the green eyes complains about the
brightness of the sun constantly and often will refuse to play outside
in the afternoon because of it. (He's 9).  It doesn't seem to bother the
blue-eyed one (8) as much.

From what I understand - O blood types do best on a primitive,
non-agricultural diet.  I have noticed that those I know do better on a
primitive (or at least limited processed food) diet - including myself.

I too require extra iodine in my diet.

Fawn