From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:42:10 +0200
Namaste, Liz wrote:

> There's an excellent article on traditional peoples and their diets on the
> Westonaprice website and addresses some vegetarian issues.   The article can
> be found on the westonaprice.org site ...

When I read westonaprice I had one main impression:
His big concern is to *defend* animal foods, particularly animal fat.
Against a bad rep. they must have had at the time.

In this way one vegetarian society happened to slip into his superior
health society: Loetschenthal Swiss people. THey eat a lot of vegetarian
fat (and protein). In form of swiss cheese.
(Keeping the common terminology that vegetarian means anyone not eating
animal bodies and vegan means people not eating anything from animals).

In my own opinion, most animal fat has very good properties.
Provided it's not from farmed animals.

> you can pick up an excellent article by Dr. Stephen Byrnes at <A
> HREF="http://www.PowerHealth.net">http://www.PowerHealth.net</A> on the Myths
> of Vegetarianism. Great reading

I will take a look at this.

Namaskar,