From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:06:20 EDT
> > I'm 5'5" and 154 as of this morning. I have a small bone frame (less
>than
> > 21/4 inch of wrist circumference.)

I am 5'4" and something like 155 or so, medium frame, and DON'T
consider
myself to be overweight! (Of course, I've just lost 30 lbs since going
Paleo
7/1). But when I weighed 125 three years ago I think I looked like a
twig!
Have the photos to prove it...Of course, at the time when my last baby
was
born, a year ago almost to the day, I weighed 225! (that's before
delivery)
LOL So of course I can't complain now! I agree with Paula that 133-ish
is a
good ideal weight. The important thing is how do you feel? (Which you
are
obviously addressing.)

By the way I am 5'5" &3/4 and weigh 150 exactly. I
>think my ideal weight would be 133. 120 sounds a little too low. Though I
>did weigh 117 in my early 20s (now 42), I probably didn't have enough
>muscle
>back then. I am now at the low end of my ideal lean body mass 107. If I
>were
>120 now I would not have enough body fat for a female. I like having
>hormones and periods and all - helps prevent osteoporosis.

I definitely think it's important to remember that females do need to
carry
a little body fat. Guys call it "jiggle in all the right places" (I
noticed
a while back that Medusa was complaining about being a bit jiggly.
Have you
seen the Willendorf Goddess? :-) And I am not coming from a body image
perspective, but a women's health perspective.)

Anyone know how to get rid of (Crohn's) adhesions without surgery?
>                                       Paula

Paula, I personally don't happen to know a thing about Crohn's but
there is
a list at http://www.egroups.com called "Healing Crow"...many members
have
Crohn's and are eating Paleo/Low Carb/SCD...perhaps they have info you
are
looking for??? In fact, I left that list b/c there was more talk about
Crohn's than about Paleo, I was looking for more Paleo.

I would like to know if our ancestral women ate more carbs than her
male
counterpart...to store more body fat for milk production. When I was
nursing
DD#1 AND "pregnant again" (that's what my mother called it) I needed A
LOT
of food (water too) to make milk and keep up my energy. It takes 500
cal QD
just to make milk and 100 cal extra QD to fuel pregnancy. Plus a
pregnant
woman needs 100g protein daily. So what do Paleo Preggers EAT? Tons of
meat?
(As a veg mama-2-be, I CRAVED meat soooo bad....ate a pound of buffalo
meat
one day and felt awful...wish I'd known better, I wouldn't have
restrained
myself!) But I also craved carbs. Preg was the only time I could eat a
baked
potato.
Stacie
who wants to add that the female body is AMAZING! @}--`-----