From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:31:24 -0600
On 11/23/2011 11:12 AM, william wrote:

> Belief in evolution is based on faith; that makes it a religious
> matter, so anyone can say anything  and if there is a consensus it
> becomes accepted Truth.

At some level, *everything* you believe is based on faith -- faith that
your senses are giving your brain the right information, and faith that
your brain is interpreting the information correctly.   That expands out
to faith that your experiences are reliable and repeatable, faith that
information relayed by others is accurate, and so on.  So saying
evolution is based on faith is a red herring.   If you assume that your
senses and brain are operating correctly and are reliable, then you can
test all your other assumptions, including those about evolution.  At
that point the assumptions cease being faith-based and start being based
on reason and testability.   You can test evolution, but unless you have
magical powers that the rest of humanity does not, you can't test
creation.   Thus, creation remains a purely faith issue, while evolution
is not.

Neither, it happens, is my diet.  I can test what works and what
doesn't.  Modern food doesn't work as well as paleo food for me -- that
is demonstrable based on experience.  Whether I was created or evolved
doesn't much matter to the question of which diet is best.

--
   Robert Kesterson