From:
Paul Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 11:41:57 -0500
Potatoes as a part of a larger meal, with meat and vegetables, should not
raise insulin levels.  I try to have a salad in my stomach before I attack
potatoes.  I keep potatoes to one small helping at dinner, if I have them at
all.  This way my stomach doesn't see a food with a high glycemic
index..............mixed with everything else with much lower glycemic
indices so my insulin doesn't soar.

Why do I eat them at all?  Good question.  But as part of a family that is
eating "normal" foods, and as someone who eats out and at friend's homes, I
just find it easier and still advantageous to not completely restrict
potato.