From:
Mary Anne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:06:28 -0600
   Hi! After a hiatus of about 2-1/2 years this repentant junkie has come
back to the Paleofold, starting with supper on Thursday (3/22) night: 6 oz.
fatty hamburger meat (raw) marinated for about half an hour in about 1/2
cup of minced, homemade kim chee with its own juice, then mixed with one
yard egg. This was accompanied by a drink made with half a handful of seed
grapes (I used all the seeds), half a handful of strawberries, and a small,
Texas juice orange with seeds ( I used a few of the seeds), blended with
1/3 cup aloe vera juice, a tablespoon or so of the kim chee juice & "very"
weak, cold-brewed tea - which I had started drinking earlier in the afternoon.

Philip Thrift wrote:
>Dori - what is your review of
>http://www.superslow.com/why_not_aerobics.html ?
>
>I'm not exactly a superslower - but this appeals to me.

   I've been recovering from some very bad choices in diet, which had even
reduced me to using a cane while walking (itīs only been about 3 or 4 weeks
that I have finally ignored the cane most of the time), Therefore, just
getting around has been exercise for me.
   I do, however, want to tell of my son's experiences with his ventures in
marathon running. He started this before we actually saw & bought Ray's
NeanderTHIN book in the Whole Foods Market on Greenville Ave. in Dallas
(almost 5 years ago). We were avidly going at the carbo load concept before
the race. LeRoy would be in utter misery after the race, just about ready
to die for the afternoon after the race.
   The turnaround came when he ran the marathon in Houston in January of
1997. We were in the experimental stages of Paleo at the time. LeRoy was
loaded with homemade pemmican, as well as a ground mixture of dates and
pecans, and his Camelback of water. There was no carbo loading the night
before the race. The weather was cold - just barely above 32 degrees F.
during the whole race - and damp (It started snowing toward the end of the
race). When he got back from the race, he was as energetic - maybe even
moreso - as before the race had begun that Sunday morning. Every US
marathon he has run since that race - I can't verify the one he ran in
Okinawa where he is stationed as a Marine (he entered the Marines, when he
was 28, in September of 1998) - was on a Paleofood diet. He has always felt
decent after a race.
   By the way, because of the snow, it took us about 4-5 hours to drive a
2-hour distance from Houston back to Corsicana that day.

Mary Anne Unger