From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 07:20:23 -0600
David Shearon wrote:

>I've only been on this list a few weeks, but I can already tell there are a lot of knowledgeable people participating.  So, I'm soliciting help to understand a jump in my cholesterol levels. Background:  I started eating low-carb about 2/11/03, and went mostly to paleo within two weeks are so.  I'm not "pure": diet soft drinks, 2 cups decaf and 2 cups regular coffee most days (with Splenda)

Aspartame causes significant problems to some people; I don't think it
is healthy for anyone.
It increases appetite and insulin, and can cause neurological symptoms.
 Try dropping the diet sodas.
If your diet sodas are also caffeinated, you are getting a big slug of
caffeine every day.  That could also affect
your lipids.

Don't worry about the organic/conventional meats or the small quantities
of soy oil.  Eventually you
can finetune this if you want to.  But it is important to get off the
caffeine and artificial sweeteners.
(You should phase back on caffeine gradually to avoid the killer
"caffeine withdrawal" headache).

Congratulations on your weight loss!

    Lynnet