From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 06:48:17 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/99 7:24:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> << The average, uninformed, American that reads this is very, very, likely
>  take this information as fact, just because of the 'Dr" in front of your
> name
>  (regardless of whether or not it's real),  and as a result end up ill or
>  dead, or their children will.   >>
>
>  I doubt that anyone on this list is an "average, uninformed American."  If
>  so, they would not be on this type of list.  This list is a magnet for
>  above-average, well-informed people.

That is a very pompous attitude.

Can you for certain say that about every single person on this
list?....How many brand new people come here for the first time?
Gee,,I would say ,,uhm,,,everyone...we all came here for the
first time at one time or another...we came here to learn, meaning
there are things we don't know..and if there are things we don't
know, some can be mis-lead.  And if we're all so freaking
well-informed, why is the good "doctor" telling us about something
we should all already know about?...

Our presence here is prima facie that we don't know everything.
Otherwise what would we be doing here?

Anna