From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 09:32:37 -0600
Adrienne Smith wrote:

>I am experimenting with
>the macronutrient proportions proposed by Jan Kwasniewski ("Optimal Diet"
>author -- for more info see <A HREF="http://www.ahoa.org.au/">http://www.ahoa.org.au/</A>.

An interesting site, with lots of food for thought.  I wondered about
the statement that potatoes
were low in carbs, however. They are extremely high:  1/2 cup cooked is
15 grams of carbs.
The best weight loss I ever had was with a 70% fat diet, keeping carbs
under 40 gr daily.

>Anyone know if it's possible to have decent LDL, HDL
>and triglycerides and yet have a poor C-Reactive Protein or Lipoprotein A
>reading??  Adrienne

I would also be very interested in this subject.  My husband has been
told he has high Lp(a). A doc
put him on megadoses of Niacin, not a good idea in my opinion.

    Lynnet