From:
Sheila Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:50:33 -0000
Hi everybody,

New member here - been eating paleo for 16 days now (did this for 3 weeks
last year, felt great and lost weight, but succumbed to social pressure and
went back to old junk-eating ways). Am determined to continue this time, but
it's not easy in my part of the world (Scotland, heart disease capital of
Europe and probably unhealthiest diet in the world!)

Am enjoying reading everyone's posts, although started to get cravings
reading all those mentions of chocolate. BTW, in this country we are
(in)famous for dipping chocolate bars in batter and deep-frying them!
DEFINITELY not paleo!

I have just one question at the moment:-

Does anyone use a dehydrator to dry meat, particularly beef? I've just
bought a dehydrator, and would welcome any tips on the best, and safest, way
to go about this. I'm a bit nervous of giving myself food poisoning -
presumably (hopefully?) all the bacteria get killed by the drying process,
yes? I would particularly welcome comments from any UK members (are there
any?) as they know just how unnaturally a lot of our animals have been fed.

Thanks a lot and regards to all,

Sheila