From:
Jeff Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:10:46 -0700
From: "Amadeus Schmidt"
 > I sorted for Cyst/Meth ratio because Meth-->Cyst is the pathway which makes
 > homocysteine.
 >
 > 40% more cysteine for the same weight (and similar protein).
 > It would be easier to meet our high cysteine requirements with almond
 > protein. And it would not involve homocysteine.

I had homocysteine level checked as a vegetarian Level 0
After 4 months to cold turkey paleo I had it checked again Level 0

Could this be just a genetically controlled level that can be modified only
slightly (irregardless of the level of precursors consumed) by adding Folic
acid etc.. to the diet?

Jeff