From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:27:57 -0400
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 05:28:54 -0400 Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

> Gawen, I'm sorry if you or someone else found my zonehome citation
> offensive. You shouldn't.
> You really shouldn't if you *are* propagating a hunting nutrition.
> It just isn't that sterile, and instead of eating just a rectangular
> piece of muscle cut out of an unrecognisable animal it is *really*
> my opinion that the more healthy things to eat  to eat were
> ...raw liver, eyes... a.s.o.

Come now, Amadeus...  you were quick to take offense at being lumped in
with the kind of militant vegetarian that I labeled as "the enemy," yet
here you are using the same kind of tactics as they use...

*I* certainly wasn't offended by your statement, but your INTENTION to
offend was quite clear.  No, I don't eat brains, or eyes, or raw liver,
but that's not part of my cultural background.  Neither do I eat snails,
ants, worms, or grasshoppers, yet I recognize that some find them tasty,
and they are certainly good sources of nutrition.

I suppose that you eat cultivated mushrooms...   do you know what they
GROW those in???

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.