From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:22:43 -0700
>What would be the best way to change from a 10-year vegetarian diet
>to a Paleo diet?  Would it be best to introduce meat into the diet
>slowly, or just take the plunge?

Remembering back to when I went veg for years, and then went back to
eating meat, I'd say, take it easy.  Let your stomach be your guide,
obviously. However, over the years, I've heard enough stories of people
taking this plunge in a big way and getting pretty sick for it.  I also
remember this transition entailing some adjustment, personally. Now,
perhaps the folks who had the bad stories went from veg to McDonald's
cheeseburgers or something, rather than to some easier flesh foods like
fish or chicken.  My tendancy would be to want to say, "easy does it",
though.  I'd also advise letting yourself have plenty of salt for the
help to stomach acid.