Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 18:59:24 -0400
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 14:09:15 -0400, Kathryn Rosenthal
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Vitamin C Plus Fat Might Spur Cancer [HealthDay News]
>
>   1.. THURSDAY, Sept. 6 (HealthDay News) - When fat is present in the
> stomach, vitamin C transforms from a cancer-fighter to a possible
> contributor to malignancy, new research suggests.
>   2..
>   3.. Researchers at Western Infirmary in Glasgow, Scotland, analyzed
> the interaction between vitamin C and lipid (fat) in the upper stomach,
> which is particularly vulnerable to pre-cancerous changes and tumor
> growth. They focused on changes in nitrite chemistry.

IIRC the original study that showed that fat is bad didn't use fat on
their test animals. It used cooking oil. Wonder what these "reearchers"
used?

Calling fat "lipid" does make make me confident that this is anything
other than a despairing ploy of the low fat campaign.

People have eaten fat and fresh fruit/raw veg in the same meal for at
least thousands of years.
Cancer was supposedly very rare until recently.
Therefore the conclusion of this study appears to be crap.

William