From:
Alison Whitwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 03:45:15 -0000
Hi folks,

I've read a all of the articles that Ashton Embtry has written over the last
few years.

I'm following the paleo diet and it does keep my MS under control. If I
lapse on the diet I start to notice MS symptoms again. If I stay on the
diet, I have zero MS symptoms.

The MS Society's the world over seem to be rather reluctant to spread the
knowledge about diet.

I used to go to Christmas parties in the UK given by the MS Society. The
food there was the same for the 3 years that I went - cheese sandwiches on
white bread, sausage rolls, meat pies, peanuts, potato crisps, triffle and
cakes with coffee and biscuits. It's the sort of low-cost catering that one
often sees at events. I came away from the first party feeling much more
MSy!! The next 2 years I took my own food and tried to tell people about
diet but not many people were interested.

The organisor of the MS Xmas do told me that most people just wanted to
forget about MS for one night and have a good time, they didn't want to
think about food.

I haven't found the MS Soc to be muich use to me. They are good if/when
you've got bad with MS and then they'll help you into your  wheelchair but
until then, they tend not to help you to help yourself.

There's a good MS discussion forum that Ashton Embry is very active on. I'll
dig out the joining instructions if anyone is intersetd....

Al