From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:26:13 -0500
On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:21:59 -0600 Jana Kutarna <[log in to unmask]> writes:
 > i was wondering what you all can tell me about the herb stevia and
> the paleo diet.

Ardeith writes:
I grow stevia in my yard.....it spreads all by itself,
but then I live in Florida.  I don't know how it would survive
in really cold states.   I nibble leaves when I'm outside, and
dry some every year to crush and add to brewing cups of
tea.  I find the dried leaves yield a sweeter taste in teas
than the green leaves.   I've never used a commercial
stevia product, so have no info about how healthy that
might be, but if your are rigorous about only using the
foods our ancestors had access to, stevia won't be on
the list.  It comes from Central America.  However,
if you want to be as Paleo as possible and still use
stevia, I'd suggest you use only the fresh or dried
leaves......not some processed variant.

Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.