From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:14:18 EST
You guys always forget the insects and grubs. I will guarantee, from my
studies of recently existing paleo type people, that more than 50% of these
peoples' fat and protein came from insects, worms, grubs and pupae. I presume
that insects existed in the Paleo environment? Have you heard of the
Australian abos and their wichety grubs, for example?

And of course Paleo people would have gathered wild grass seed -- it's dead
easy to do -- the stuff just falls off. They would have to grind it, like
native peoples do now, but is that so hard to do? These people (who are us,
in essence) had just as much intelligence as we do (maybe more, judging from
some of these posts - just kidding).

Charles