Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 07:30:56 -0700
My son had a serious gluten ingestion at a caretaker's house, 2 bagels and
several pieces of whole wheat bread.

Dang!

Anyway, some research (Reichelt et al) shows it takes very long to "clear"
all the peptides etc on a gf/cf diet.

My question is, wouldn't a paleo diet clear out these "bad" gluten peptides
a lot faster?

Please, I hope so, this was devastating.

___________________________________________________________On another
topic........................

Also, at his school, the staff is lackadaisical about gluten, he is
surrounded by it at snack and other times.(The kids offer it to him, etc,
out of kindness, of course they are in kinder, and they are only 5 years
old!) The teachers say they are watching but have over 20 kids to watch.

 I am contemplating home school, not 'cause I want to, but out of
desperation. My other alternative is to attend the snack time and monitor it
myself, which the school bureaucrats absolutely hate. The hostility there is
so great that I really don't want to do this either.

What would you do?

I am noticing regressions in behavior (before the above gluten accident)
but can't "prove" it happened at school, other than the few times I have
been there, the snack time is poorly supervised, teacher walking in and out
of the snack area, etc.

He likes school but they will not let me monitor the snack time unless I
make a federal case out of it, the hostility is bad, etc. What would you
guys do? Any benefit from school I feel would be outweighed by gluten
ingestion.

If I bring up the issue, they jump all over me. (Saying we are doing a great
job, how dare you question us, etc)  It is hardly worth the stress.

None of them understand diet, the two kinder teachers are enormous and have
autoimmune disease written all over their faces....