From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:35:37 -0600
>Wally, what's your take on this? As a beginner, I really have no
experience to <snip>

I really have no "take" on the fatty meat issue other than this - fat
naturally occurs at varying levels depending on season. I really don't
think a high fat diet all year 'round is natural.

Personally, I really don't like animal fat all that much. When I eat it, at
first it tastes ok, but after awhile it becomes somewhat "bland" to me. I
don't know if this is a peculiar trait for me only, or if others experience
it.

*If* you eat animal fat, it is best to eat it from grass fed sources.
However, as Cordain points out in his book, it is possible to correct fatty
acid imbalances (although some of his methods are suspect :).

I like to get my omega 3 fats from fish sources (sardines, mackerel,
herring). Others supplement with fish oil capsules. Walnuts are a good
source as well.