From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:54:29 -0700
On Tuesday, Jun 1, 2004, at 03:48 US/Pacific, Kristina Carlton wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> Has anybody here dealt with hypochlorhydria (low stomach acid) and if
> so,
> how did you get rid of it?.....

It has been my observation that on a good (mostly raw) diet, the enzyme
and acid production will gradually return to healthy levels. The SAD is
very depressing to stomach function. I think that instead of dosing
heavily with supplemental acid, I would try a broad-spectrum enzyme
product like generic pancreatin, and possibly some probiotic cultures,
which are available without dairy. You should not need either one for
very long if you are eating well.

Let us know how your diet is.

ginny