Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:06:56 -0700
Do waxed apples have the antifungal toxins?

I have an apple tree, several actually, in my suburban yard, and can't
believe how much better the "home grown" apples taste.

Why is this? No wax?? No sprays? or what?

Everyone remarks on the difference.

I do nothing to them, no fertilizer, no sprays, I share my apples with the
worms. If there is a worm in it, I cut it out and eat the rest of the apple.

BTW, we want to dry out apples this year. Any suggestions? Do we peel them
first then slice and dry? Or leave the peel on and dry them?

Thank you,

Mary

ps How can we propagate wild blackberries? They grow native here along the
creeks and I was wondering if I could cut off a shoot and try to propagate
it in my yard, or what? Does anyone know how to grow blackberries?