Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:52:01 -0500

  I've never
> been a coffee drinker, so I am a virgin laboratory in that sense. I
> started with good, whole bean, single source coffee.

I start with green beans, roast, grind and use paper cone-type filter.
Fair trade organic Colombian. Other coffees used to do bad things to my
heartbeat, even some organics.
I've seen roasted organic Colombian sold somewhere.

> 3) Speaking of Dr. Eades, I just bought the following book from
> Amazon: _The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living_ by Volek and
> Phinney.

Those who exercise would get more from it than I - I've just finished
reading it. What I remember is that zero carbers don't retain salt,
unlike everyone else.

> 4) I am starting a zero carb, limited protein (100g/day), unlimited
> fat experiment today. In addition to eggs and bacon for breakfast,
> I'll consume a pound of grassfed burger daily. I'll also be eating a
> romaine lettuce and lemon juice salad just for a little taste variety
> (and to make my wife feel better that I'm getting at least some
> greens). Will try and let you know how that goes.

I love bacon, but the chemicals love me not. Soaked, it tastes like
tofu. I suggest fatty pork chops buried in sauerkraut, roast covered one
hour at 350. Kraut is way better than greens.

I've stalled half way through reading "Minerals for the Genetic Code"
  subtitled "an exposition & analysis of the Dr. Olree standard genetic
periodic chart & the physical, chemical & biological connection."

It's a tough read, and mostly over my head, but what Olree has to say
about the effect modern chemical farming has on plants, notably
including greens, would make anyone think twice before buying them.

William