From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:38:49 EST
In a message dated 2/17/03 4:44:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 > Any thoughts about reversal of gum recession, anyone?

Use floss correctly.  Do not just quickly go down and up --- rather, you
should go down, half wrap each tooth with the floss and go up.  Be gentle and
do not cut your gums.  You should also use a pick -- again, do this gently
and correctly. Slide it gently under the gum line and carefully trace around
each tooth.

If you are having gum problems, flossing and picking are far more important
than brushing.  I'm not saying do not brush -- I'm saying that brushing alone
without flossing and picking will not yield any results.