From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:00:21 -0400
About 5 months ago I started weight lifting again. I workout about every
four days, progressive poundages, for about 20 - 30 minutes non-stop. This
may not be a lot, but I do an abbreviated routine emphasizing big
multi-joint excercises like squats, deadlifts, bench presses, etc.

My heart and respiration really get going good for that time and a while
afterward as I do not stop between sets except to the extent that I
absolutely need to in order to catch enough breath.

I am about 6 foot 1 inch and weigh 185. Since I started, I acquired a bit of
muscle (for me) but maintained the same weight. I feel much better, can
exert myself much more vigorously without much heart rate elevation or
effect, and am much stronger than I was.

One thing I noticed is that when I "cheat" it has no effect on my weight any
more. Another thing I noticed is that foods I reacted badly to are not as
problematic for me, not as severe symptoms as before.

But my question is this: for you weightlifters out there, what works for
you? Non paleo weightlifters say they need lots of carbs after a workout,
because the body is breaking up protein in order to recover. I do not want
to do that of course. What do y'all do in terms of eating and working out,
and why? Thanks

--Richard