From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:17:53 -0500
I wonder, though how strongly written in stone is an individual adult's
health caused by environmental factors (meaning nutrition) during childhood
growth periods? Such as, say, mental deficiencies caused by lack of adequate
fatty acid intake for the foetus, calcium/exercise for bone health etc. How
much do processed grains and other foodstuffs ingested in our youth
permanently prevent us realizing optimum health in later years? Can a change
in diet in adulthood fully compensate for poor childhood nutrition? Somehow
I tell to think it wouldn't.

Marilyn