From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 10:01:36 -0700
Are the carb load days consecutive, or on a Sunday and then a Wednesday, spread
out?  This sounds  a bit like Jay Robb's Fat Burning Diet.  I remember longing
for the high carb days because the low carb days were so painful for me.... not
enough fat in his plan.

Can you give an exact menu  for what you eat on a high carb meal?  Is it just
chestnut pancakes for dinner?  I am finding this fascinating, considering your
remarkable weight loss.

Finally, do you control portion size for your low carb meals in terms of amount
of protein/fat?  Are  you working out as well with this, or just following the
diet?

Thank you,
Batsheva

________________________________
From: Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
:

> How many carbs do you average on strictly low carb days and what areyour carb
>meals like? When you carb load is it still paleo sources ofcarbs?
Long answer to a short question---

I don't count carbs, but I have a rough idea and look something up
if I'm curious. I'm looking at roughly 10 grams carbs each with
breakfast and lunch, and up to 20 for supper. No snacks, particularly
not on carbs.

On carb-load days, I'm looking for roughly 100 grams carbs, up to
150, in the evening meal. As for what, it can be a tricky question.
You should not carb-load on just fruit: gives you way too much
fructose which is a load on the liver. Carb-load meals should also
be lower in protein and fat than normal paleo meals. As Faigin put
it, the high-carb high-fat meal is just like a conveyor belt taking
the fat into your fat cells.

I am such a believer in the periodic carb-load that I cut
paleo corners to make sure I have something to carb-load with.
I have lost 44 lbs since January, feeling better than I have
in years, with no cravings.