From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:25:42 -0800
Furthermore, we have the evidence that when
>paleos finally ceased being paleos and took up agriculture, they
>cultivated grains, not blueberries or bananas.

Blueberries and bananas doesn't grow in the craddle of western civilisation
but olives figs caroub dates pommegrenate,  grapes etc  do naturally , can
be favorised if not occuring sontanously and you can also be a nomad to
harvest them in season
why do we assume that humans domesticated grains first ? planting a fruit
tree is easy , harvesting them doesn't require any tools and no processing
are needed leaving no traces to be found by allready wheat addict
archeologist.
My  past experience of heavy grains eater showed me an incompatibilty
between grain and fruits eating .being overloaded with sugar coming fro
grains i had no attraction
to fruits except in their acid  unripe state.The attraction for fruits
unblocked with the abstenance from grains.
I can see a transition from meat scarcity to domestication of fruit and nut
trees
to a slowly surrendering to opioid in wheat ( just change in ratio of
allready consumed items)
.http://www.multimania.com/xbeluga/originsofagriculture.html

fruit being the intoduction to  change  in metabolism and sugar addiction.
I did the reverse evolution in my diet those 12 past years.

jean-claude