From:
Alison Ashwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:26:30 +0200
matesz wrote:
> I don't doubt that man living by the sea or lakes would have caught a lot of
> fish with bare hands,

I have caught sea fish [flounder and squid] and river fish [trout]
with
my bare hands - it only takes patience and some skill.

A couple of people working together would be able to drive fish into
rock pools with ease.

Crabs, mussels, winkles, cockles shrimps etc are also easy to acquire
without tools.

Gull eggs are a good seasonal snack too and the adults are not over
protective parents so hatchlings are another easy prey.

About 20-odd yrs ago, when i used to holiday on Gigha [one of the
Scottish Western isles] we used to earn pocket money by collecting
gull
eggs, winkles,and  cockles.

Alison