From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:52:13 -0400
On Mon, 27 May 2002, Phosphor wrote:

> > Once a person has heart disease, however, and coronary
> > circulation is already compromised, then I think such things as
> > transient blood turbidity matter.
>
> Todd, can you provide a reference for this?

I've seen this sort of thing in a number of places.  E.g., from
http://www.arabmedmag.com/issue-18-12/cardiology/main05.htm

"Ingestion of a fatty meal appears to cause venous endothelial
dysfunction in healthy adults [29], while postprandial lipemia
has been associated with transient changes in factor VII
coagulant (FVII:C) activity in humans [30], suggesting a
temporary and reversible hypercoagulable state [25]."

If the drinking of green tea with a fatty meal prevents this, so
much the better.  In any event, I suppose this transient lipemia
is not a problem in people without heart disease.  But for
someone who has already had a heart attack, and may be in danger
of another, I suspect even a transient hypercoagulable state
could be dangerous.

As a general principle, I think it's dangerous to suppose that
what doesn't cause a medical condition must not aggravate it
either, or that what prevents a medical condition also treats
that condition.

Todd Moody