From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 10:08:18 +1000
The ideal diet for any animal is that which it eats in the wild. Humans are
no exception."
"Ask a dietitian how to lose weight and you'll be told to eat bread, corn,
soy, cereals etc.. Ask a farmer how to fatten an animal and you'll be told
to feed it bread, corn, soy, cereals etc. There is a discrepancy that needs
explanation."

I've had a query about my new signatures- yes I made them up myself. If you
like them please use them (quote my name please).

In the second one I initially used pig instead of animal to stop arguments
over cattle
being digastric (ruminant) whereas pigs are monogastric omnivores and
therefore very similar to humans. But grains affect cows and pigs and humans
so I'll
stick to animals. There is a huge body of animal data that the
pyramid-entrapped diet establishment have chosen to ignore.

The first one signifies to me, my whole underlying reason for going paleo.
It is the whole foundation of my belief. It is very similar to Ray Audette's
Neanderthin motto {I. A natural diet is best II. Nature is defined as the
absence of technology III. Absent technology, grains,  beans, potatoes, milk
and refined sugars are not edible to any Primates (including Humans).}

 The reason I stayed paleo is the excellent results in terms of weight loss,
increased muscle bulk without much exercise, immediately improved exercise
tolerance, my sore feet (chronic heel pain syndrome) cleared up in 2 weeks
flat (no pun), hardly any headaches, increased energy and general wellness,
and
because of the enjoyment of this group.

The concept of paleo seemed obviously logical and sound to me. I first heard
it mentioned 10 years ago, in passing,  on an educational tape with
Professor Mark
Wahlqvist from Monash University (Victoria, Australia). Earlier this year, I
decided to do some nutritional investigation, went up some blind allies,
remembered his mention of Paleolithic diets and found Paleodiet.com and the
rest is history as they say. I don't know what Wahlqvist thinks about Paleo-
I've just emailed him to find out.

Ben Balzer