Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:53:17 -0400
Ashley Penney wrote:

> Things have been going well but I'm trying to solicit good stew recipes as
> we have a crockpot and I figured it was time I finally learnt how to cook.
> Does anyone have any good recipes to share?

All crockpots are set to too high a temperature for my taste. Ruins beef.

A regular pot of ceramic on steel or glass is best, bring to boil and
set low enough to just simmer. Works great.
No recipes, as I found in my cooking days that anything could be cooked
in water and is edible.
Your imagination is your best guide, and you could involve the wife &
kids. Creating stew can be fun, and after all it's how the great recipes
were invented in the first place.

The flour was only for thickening, and thick isn't necessary.

William