From:
Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:43:17 -0500
-------Original Message-------
Todd Moody

>eating nothing until dinner, then having a fairly
>large meal.  Interestingly, my fasting BG in the morning would be fairly
>high, about 100 (5.6, using the international scale),
>tended to drop a bit during the day, it generally wouldn't go below
>90-95 (5.0-5.3).  I did this for about 10 days, and the results were
>pretty constant.=
>nuts at these meals, or landjaegers ("hunter's sausage").  For dinner
>I'd have a normal meal, even with a starch such as a sweet potato.  This
>didn't affect my morning reading, but the rest of the readings dropped.
>Fasting BG during the afternoon and evening (2 hours after dinner) wen
>to 87 (4.8) and 84 (4.7) respectively, and have stayed pretty
>consistent.  These are the lowest readings I've ever had.  And it's
>still the case, as I mentioned before, that if I have a glass of wine in
>the evening, my morning BG is lower.
 >I'm not sure what the significance of any of this is, but I thought I'd
>share it.

Now try the three meals adding more carbs and see how it goes.  The fat is
holding back the insulin release.  I think your morning cortisol levels
increase bg level. With the carbs spread throughout the day,  the insulin
levels remain pretty constant.  To "binge" eat once a day increases
insulin/sugar levels and maybe increases the morning cortisol levels.  I'm
not in favor of one large meal a day unless it's around 5pm.  It takes time
to digest all that food and the body does it's repair at night.  As always
tho, YMMV.  My fasting BG is 75-78 with regular meals and
it's 90 with a large meal at night.  ugh.....   For me, higher fat meals are
more satiating, keep BG levels stable, energy levels are better and I sleep
better.  I guess my next experiment will be to test morning cortisol levels
with the two methods of eating.  ;-)