From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:58:59 -0800
>I'm looking for an economical sources for range fed meats and eggs.

directly from farmers will be the cheapest even if not cheaper than
commercial eggs or meats.( but it can also be cheaper )

>Mostly, I've been relying on standard grocery store fare.  Right now, I
>probably won't be able to afford much, but if I could even eat it once a
>week, that's better than not eating it at all, I guess.  Can anyone help?
>
>Unfortunately, doing the Paleodiet completely requires buying many foods
>that I consider "luxury" items since I have to budget so strictly, but I'm
>determined to find good, affordable meat somewhere, even if I can't buy

We have been made to believe than food could be cheap , in Nature food is
not cheap it require effort ( even with grass that seems to be abondant and
free,  a horse have to eat for 12 hours to get its fill, grazing ).
so the industrialisation of food production made it apparenty cheap , the
only problem is that they don't sell food . They sell nutrients deficiency ,
doctors appointments and pharmacy visits few years in the row.

I am myself in a very tight budget but i organised myself differently
 trading for work , exchanging ( abondant foods from here with abondant
foods from over there ) grouping with others to buy cheaper ( a whole cow is
cheaper than by cuts) harvesting wild and growing what i can and
eating well and nourishing means also eating less.( raw and not processed
especially )

Eating paleo in my opinion require more than just quitting grains and
dairies it is an altogether different way of thinking and living .It entails
to change the way we relate to our environment.

You deserve to eat,  live richly ,it is just a question to change your
definition of
what rich means.
from my point of view nettles are very rich food ( raw ) even the park
ranger don't want me to harvest them  in the park close to home ( while he
is burning years of accumulated biomass just to make the park tidy ...)

jean-claude