From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:32:58 -0700
>Dear Group,
>
>     I concurrently belong to another list which focuses on thyroid
problems.

>I am currently hypothyroid, and have been since this winter, following my
remission and
>recovery from Hodgkins Lymphoma and the subsequent radiation therapy on my
chest and
>neck.  I switched to a paleo diet as soon as I came out of the hospital in
August, 99,
>at which time my thryoid function was normal.  However, as the months
progressed, my
>thryoid hormone levels have gone downhill - TSH went from 1.77 in August,
99 to 4.94 in
>January, to 9.74 in March, to 2.1 in April (began Herbs) to 4.74 in
July,2000 (still on
>Herbs). The hospital range of normal is .3-4.7.

before making an interpretation on your TSH levels check the article
writen
by an MD questionning the validity of the test on  evaluating the
thyroxine
levels.
i can't find the site adress but search for David Derry ( the MD) and
Mary
j. Shomon ( the writer of the article
On top  my printed version i see : you are here: about>
health/fitness>thyroid disease.( may be it can help you to find the
site )
the title of the article is "rethinking the TSH test"

jean-claude