From:
Possum Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:52:38 -0400
Deborah wrote:
>Thanks, Dori. I wasn't on this list (or this way of eating) the first time
the show ran and I'm glad I had a chance to catch it. I wish they'd covered
the Neanderthin ideas a little better, but I suppose we can't expect much
more from network news.

Did you really expect the nation's most biased "news" network to tell the
whole truth? Personally I thought EMS was going to have to bring me oxygen I
was laughing so hard at Dean Ornish. He was talking about how slow and
lethargic eating meat makes you right after watching Ray eat a pound of
bacon then go hunting with his falcon! Ray sure didn't seem too slow in that
video clip! Am I the only one who noticed all the FAT people eating at
Dean's "feast"? Personally I GAINED 3 inches and BP went up 10 points on the
Ornish diet! Ray's family sure didn't look fat. They also made it a point to
show that Ray would like to be a millionaire. SO WHAT! who wouldn't? What is
so wrong with that? I also noticed when they showed the food Ornish is
bad-mouthing Ray for promoting, they showed foods Ray says is BAD for you!
i.e.: the grilled cheeseburger scene. Ray does NOT eat bread or cheese.

Now for the things I wonder why we didn't see:
Why didn't they interview anybody harmed by gastric by-pass? Why didn't they
let Ray and Ornish meet each other on camera?- That would have been a good
show! Why didn't they interview Dr. Atkins?- I would have LOVED to have
watched him Vs. Ornish! Why didn't they interview anybody who was harmed by
diet drugs?

I know the answers to my questions.
The facts are clear! Fat is a big money business. Diet food companies, Drug
companies, and the medical establishment spend unbelievable amounts of money
advertising on CBS. No matter what, CBS is going to produce whatever
propaganda the medical industry pays them to produce. The pills they were
talking about on the show retail for $3.00 a piece! What makes them more
money, selling a $15.00 book that tells you how to eat like a cave man,
by-passing their stomach for $45,000.00,  or selling $145.00 worth of pills
every month from now on to that same person? Money talks!

Kevin Raper
Piedmont, SC