From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:12:49 -0600

>     Have you any comments on this? Do you think it is possible to raise one's
> "happiness" level to approach that of native peoples? I've noticed some
> effect, in that my moods seem more stable, and I feel somewhat more
> "buoyant", but I am nowhere near the state of "happiness" I experienced on
> Paxil.

Fish oil at the rate of 9 to 10 grams a day has been effective for people
suffering from bipolar and unipolar disorders; there were clinical trials
on this though I don't have a URL right now.

But basically, what's broken is our society, more than our food.  We're
doing the bidding of the corporations; we've mostly lost the interpersonal
supportive interaction of paleo peoples.  Most of us have lost our spiritual
connection to the world, each other, and the Divinity(ies).

A pill can sledgehammer your neurotransmitters into synthesizing happiness,
but it's not sustainable, and not the same as people who live a more
rewarding life.  I realize I'm preaching to the choir on this list, and to
you in particular, Charles.  It's a hard question.

    Lynnet