From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 03:04:56 -0800
> As far as I can see,
>there is no way that most any technology isn't going to be used, sometime
>somewhere, sooner or later, no matter how many people march in the streets.

EH don't tell us that,  we "succeeded " today at stopping a logging truck by
chaining two peoples to it ( one being a paraplegic in a wheel chair for
stronger effect), The ironic is that 12 of them are leaving our beautiful
island everyday  for 3 months now in the direction of the pulp mill ( 10
percent of our island got sold to one developper  coming out of space 3
months ago). .i wish we could find a vaccine against money greediness, and
toilet paper, or a shortage in gazoline so by cutting trees by hand we will
think twice before cutting so much and use a piece of moss instead ( we have
the choice here from soft to ultra soft) to wipe our bum.

>And it may be that everyone has their price. jean-claude, if I could secure
>you twenty durian plants which were adapted to the BC climate, beared the
>third year, twice a year, and had the flavor and nutrition of wild Sumatran
>varieties--wouldn't you bite? ;)

This discussion came about when visiting the most develloped permaculture
farm of north america. One of the brother owning it mentionned a friend that
was doing research in that aera ( avocado for cold climates) and was into it
. Myself i am not attracted by it at all , yet i still plant avocados seeds
in my garden and this year i discovered one that survived the winter . Eh
maybe i am going to be rich. The durian idea sure is tempting but i will be
afraid to bite into my own tongue ( i know allready too much how to dig my
own tomb with my teeth)
For the domesticated animals for sure it is practical to have sheeps and
cows in the fields here but i still prefer the deer meat and the forests
that goes with it. ( for many reasons)

AAhh desires...and security...
jean-claude