From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 20:58:34 -0500
Dear Allcreatures person, (do you have a name?)

I was the person who asked if you knew where you were and inquired as
your delicate sensibilities. I did not attack you in any way that I
can
perceive. In fact, I was looking out for your apparently sensitive
nature.

This list is full of feisty carnivores (for the most part - bows to
the
exceptions, Amadeus and Siobhan - feisty but not carnivores, and any
others)  and all and all we are a pretty scrappy bunch. I really did
feel
(and still do) that we might be a bit too carnal for your taste. We do
discuss Paleo activities, such as bear killing in a primitive type
way, as
part of an intellectual fact finding pursuit for the truth of our
ancestral
lifestyle and diet (at least I do).  You said it made you sad and
thought
it cruel. Your sympathies were obviously with the bear, not with the
humans
trying their best to survive. I abhor cruelty as well, but that was
not the
subject we were talking about. Originally, we were talking about the
synergistic relationship between human and and canine and how that
impacted
hunting skills and therefore diet. You interjected your sadness and
dismay
at the idea of the "cruelty" of it all.
The initial "emotional overreaction" was, in fact, yours.
You think us unkind? I think not, but if you do, my assertion stands
without apology.

Warm and fuzzy regards,
Louise

"Allcreatures" person wrote...