From:
Kathy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:13:27 -0500
At 07:35 AM 11/29/99 -0500, Todd Moody wrote:
>One thing that Sears got wrong was his insistence that dietary
>arachidonic acid is your "worst biological nightmare."  Research
>done in 1997, involving the addition of rather large amounts of
>AA to diet, failed to demonstrate any significant harmful
>effects.  It is the *endogenous* AA that is problematic.  And
>in any case, the specific food recommendations that Sears makes,
>because of AA, don't make sense.  He says to avoid beef fat, for
>example, in favor of lean chicken breast.  Well, if you consult
>the USDA tables you'll find that lean chicken breast has more AA
>than beef, and pure beef fat has none at all.  Tuna is also
>higher in AA than beef!

Interesting. I have had eczema all my life, and I have noticed that when I
eat beef, it really flares up. If I stick to poultry (especially dark
meat), my skin is much better - in fact the eczema is minimal. I had been
thinking that AA was my problem with the beef (based on what the Eades have
to say about it in PP), but then again, I'm able to eat egg yolks (another
supposed AA problem food) with no problem. So I'm at a loss to explain my
experience - maybe I just have a plain old food allergy where beef is
concerned?

Kathy
mailto:[log in to unmask]