Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 06:19:53 -0700
Stacie Tolen wrote:
> DD is nursing and starting to eat solids now. My Q is, should I follow the
> same precautions as advised by AAP when starting solids, 1 new food at a
> time, wait to see reaction...
> but she has a runny nose now (not a germ) and night waking last night, like
> her sister with food allergies at same age.

The reason you are supposed to introduce one food at a time and wait a
week or two before adding another is so you can more easily pinpoint
which food is causing a runny nose if that happens.  Of course, that
gets more complicated, because it could be the oil the pork skins are
fried in rather than pork skins, or it could be a particular
combination
of foods ... or it could be an allergy to something airborne, or
detergent, or most anything!!!  You could just wait and see if it's a
temporary thing or not, or watch for a pattern.  I'd wait on the nuts,
though.
Good luck!
Sharon, former La Leche League leader