From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:02:27 -0500

Peter:
>>EFA needs are easily covered from other foods or
>>through supplementation.  So that is a poor reason
>>not to eat meat.

Siobhan:
>Geez, how about the reason being personal choice
>and awareness of one's own body?  Does that count?

Naturally, but that is not what is being discussed
here.

Peter:
>>Granted, most of us do not eat enough organ meats.
>>But regardless, the highest quality plant food can never
>>make up for the poorest quality animal food.  So, deprive
>>yourself no longer - eat your meats.

Siobhan:
>I'd say that a few people here could benefit from less
>pitta foods. The rude aggression exhibited by just a few
>is uncalled for.

My response is rude....?

Siobhan:
>I think the majority here would not agree with you when
>you say that Amadeus obfuscates.

Judging by the amount of people who have had an issue
with this in the past, yes.

Siobhan:
>As Todd pointed out, misunderstandings,
>misinterpretations, and misquotes seem to
>abound when it comes to this discussion.

For which Amadeus carries a big responsibility.

Siobhan:
>Why should Amadeus speak?

So we can resolve these matters and move on.

Siobhan:
>Those who challenge do so with such aggression
>one would think their manhood was at stake.

If your issue is lack of civility on this list,
I suggest that you restrict your remarks to above
the belt.

Siobhan:
>No one here argues about the merits of carnivorous
>vs. omnivorous anymore.

With Amadeus on the list, naturally, it comes up from time
to time.  I have no problem with this.  It is the level
of the debate that I am having an issue with. (I assume that
you are meaning to say "vegetarian" rather than "omnivorous".)

Siobhan:
>Instead, they share thoughts, research, ideas, dilemmas.

That too.

Siobhan:
>By reacting so strongly to someone whose beliefs are
>different,

This is a bit like the kettle calling the pot black.
A few reactions were a little over the top but
nothing that would warrant such a strong response as
yours.  Considering that you made your introduction
to this list with both guns flaring, you should
be a little more forgiving.

Siobhan:
>one can miss the good a person has to offer.

Amadeus certainly has contributed much good to this list and
been the instigator of many interesting discussions.

Siobhan:
>If you think you've found the answer to everyone's food
>needs

If only.

Siobhan:
>and it looks just like your diet,

Then the Lord have mercy on humanity.

Siobhan:
>you've yet to discover the true nature of nutrition.

That I am still searching for.

Peter